Enneagram Research Results
A global qualitative study by the Enneagram in Business Network (2011) uncovered the following results from 72 companies (and 20 countries) that used Enneagram as a core focus within their consulting, coaching, and/or training strategies:
1) Focuses on Critical Factors
Organizations reported that the success of using Enneagram-based change strategies centered on the following critical factors:
▪ improving the real needs of individuals and the entire organization
▪ having an applicable and practical approach
▪ measuring and demonstrating results in improved relationship skills, productivity, and satisfaction with the model
▪ creating sustainable change
▪ transferring the use of the Enneagram skills into clients' personal lives, which reinforced the use of the Enneagram tools at work
2) Workplace Improvement
▪ Top leaders displayed commitment to using the Enneagram and enlisted
support and commitment from management to execute Enneagram strategies.
▪ Employee engagement and collaboration improved between individuals,
within teams, and across business units.
▪ General communication and positive interactions improved.
▪ Job promotion rates increased.
▪ There were higher scores on 360 degree feedback interviews.
3) Customer &
▪ Customer satisfaction surveys generated higher results.
▪ There were significant financial gains (e.g., "…sales are rising by double digits”).
▪ Financial errors were reduced (e.g., "…increased trust and communication
prevented a $1M error".
▪ More key leadership was retained.
4) High Employee
▪ Employees using the Enneagram reported that they:
― want to learn more about using the Enneagram system to improve their skills
― use the Enneagram with other companies, clients, or peers
― incorporate the Enneagram into their personal lives
― share the Enneagram with family members and friends
▪ Upon hearing about the positive benefits of using the Enneagram, work
colleagues express an interest in being trained using the Enneagram tool.
5) Client Quotes
▪ “Most models have value, but they don’t help with self-mastery; they assess
where you are, but don’t show you how to develop...The Enneagram opens up
people’s worlds, it is life-changing work.”
▪ “Staff members understand themselves and their coworkers, which allows them
to be more forgiving and communicate better.”
▪ “At company events spouses talk about how it has helped their family. No one
ever says that about a financial class!”
▪ “There is a huge unmet need…At work, the need involves creativity, empathy,
and becoming less hierarchical. At home, there is stress and huge demands…
The Enneagram helps with all of this.”