How It Works: The Process
The following 4-step process was designed to maximize self-development results for individuals, pairs of individuals, and teams or groups over a relatively short period of time.
1) The Intake
▪ The initial phase of our work together includes assessing your needs and goals, so we can keep that focus throughout our work. This can be done in 1 or 2 sessions lasting 1.5 to 3 hours each (depending on the scope). The intake often includes one's self-development goals, work or business goals, and an interactive exploration of one's personality, communication, relationship, and leadership styles (if applicable). A complimentary 20-minute call is available.
For businesses and organizations:
▪ An additional comprehensive assessment often includes interviews with those identified as key people (leadership, direct reports, employees, peers, stakeholders, customers, etc.). Customized questions are designed to cover issues specific to one's organizational and/or self-development goals, and a feedback report is generated.
▪ Since about 80% of the problems with reaching organizational goals is poor execution of any element in the strategic plan, I guide a process of leadership and culture development, employee performance management, and strategy execution of your vision, mission, strategy, goals, and tactics.
2) The Action Plan
The second phase includes:
▪ reviewing the results of the assessment phase
▪ prioritizing goals and creating an action plan
▪ choosing the specific mix of professional services needed
▪ identifying measures of accountability and success
▪ determining how long we will work together
3) The Work
While balancing the right amount of support and challenge for clients, our work together will always include important growth-oriented components, such as:
▪ coaching that focuses on your own best insights and solutions
▪ leveraging strengths
▪ education and experiential learning
▪ facing resistance and building success
▪ celebrating achievements and reconfirming your goals
4) The Wrap Up
After the work in the change phase is completed, we begin a process to review the critical steps to keep what you learned going strong. We review:
▪ what was learned―expected and unexpected
▪ your satisfaction and success
▪ what tools/processes are needed to keep to sustain your progress
▪ if there is a desire to continue work together for another specified
period or if we are ready for the closing of our work together